ARCA Credit Data Fact Base
ARCA identified that government, regulators and industry needed clearer indicators to track the progress of implementing Comprehensive Credit Reporting (CCR) in Australia. The Credit Data Fact Base was therefore designed to:
- Track industry-wide progress on the transition to CCR.
- Provide a ‘single source of truth’ regarding key statistics on CCR coverage of the Australian consumer credit market.
- Assist credit providers with their internal decision-making and planning processes by communicating industry progress towards CCR.
- This report is the ninth published set of data from the Credit Data Fact Base, and is based on CCR participation as at September 2022.
- Data included in the report includes:
- An overall assessment of the size of the credit market, expressed by number of open and active credit accounts in total, and by financial institution segment and product category.
- De-duplicated and consolidated volumes of accounts for CCR data being reported in either production-ready or public mode.
- A breakdown of participation in CCR by product category and industry sector.